Cooking Challenge: Homemade Pasta Part 2

From Family, Friends and Food
Well, I have finally made my entry for this weeks Presto Pasta Nights! I made another attempt at making homemade pasta tonight. I think it turned out a bit better because I managed to get it rolled out thinner than last time. Still had some problems with some of the dough sticking, but somehow managed to get a nice amount of pasta to come out a bit closer to perfect than last time.
From Family, Friends and Food
I'm still working on my technique of rolling out the dough, but am a bit happier with the results this time. They cooked up nicely and were not as puffy as last time. Rather than go with marinara this time, I decided to roast up some asparagus and grape tomatoes. Very simple with a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper.
From Family, Friends and Food
I really like this shot of the tomatoes and grapes right before they went into the oven. Two of my favorite ingredients come out so perfectly when roasted for about 20-25 minutes. Yes, I am completely hooked on roasting vegetables! The little bit of olive oil mixed in with the veggies was just the right amount to coat the pasta without overdoing it.
From Family, Friends and Food
The pasta cooked up much better and not nearly as doughy as last time. It really is important to roll it out thinly before putting it through the noodle "cutter" of the machine. I loved the simplicity of adding the tomatoes and asaparagus to the pasta as it made it a nice light tasting meal.
If you would like to join in on Presto Pasta Nights, you still have time! Submit your entry to me by Thursday night so I can include your entry in my Friday post!

1. Prepare a dish with some type of noodle in it, blog about it and take a picture if you can.
2. Include the logo in your post, if you can.
3. Link back to Family, Friends and Food and Presto Pasta Nights in your post.
4. Email a link to your post and attach a .jpg file of your photo to me at patsy_k (at) verizon (dot) net and copy Ruth at ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com
post signature


Bookmark and Share

Comments

Cate O'Malley said…
You're getting so good at making the homemade pasta, I bet it was fabulous. And you can't go wrong with roasted vegetables.
Mary said…
Well good for you , you're learning real quick , its coming on great!
Anonymous said…
Oh goodness the pasta looks fabulous, so does the entire dish!!!
Michele said…
The pasta (and veggies too) looks beautiful!!!!
Patsy, this is an amazing looking dish! I love the roasted tomatoes and asparagus and bet they were delicious with your pasta! Your pasta looks great too, and I can tell that it's thinner than your last post.YUM!
Deborah said…
That pasta looks amazing!! I really am going to try homemade pasta one of these days!
Katie Zeller said…
That's gorgeous! Makes me want to find the Pasta Queen.... buried in the boxes.
Thistlemoon said…
This looks great, Patsy! I just recently made some homemade pasta too - not too hard, and way good!
Beautiful job on your pasta!
Anonymous said…
p.s. I have not seen you lately =)
Selba said…
What a nice pasta... looks so beautiful with the tomatoes and asparagus.
Maris said…
That asparagus looks so, so good! I love asparagus and tomatoes in pasta, great combination!
Coleens Recipes said…
My post today includes fresh pasta, its called Tetrazzini with Homemade Pasta. I've left a link back to your pasta challenge and I'm sending you an e-mail.
Christy said…
I'm so impressed! Your pasta looks wonderful and I love the simple addition of tomatoes & asparagus.
Heidi said…
You make it look so easy!
Sarah Caron said…
I love, love, love roasted veggies with pasta. My very favorite thing. And that homemade pasta sure looks good!
Camilla said…
You have inspired me to give my pasta attachment another go--it's been at least 2 years!

Your blog is as wonderful as ever--so sorry to be absent from visiting for awhile, Patsy. I think I am finally out of my blogging doldrums :) Happy to be following you...Camilla :)
Pam said…
Now that's my idea of comfort food. It looks really incredible.
Sara said…
I have a pasta roller, but haven't used it in AGES. I really need to pull it back out and get to making pasta! This looks delicious.
Leslie said…
wow,,this whole pasta dish is just simply amazing!

Popular Posts