Cinnamon Chocolate Kiss Cookies

When the weather is snowy and cold, what else would you expect me to do? I baked another cookie! I've always loved the "kiss" cookies. Besides the amazing combination of peanut butter and chocolate, they make you smile when you see them.

I used a recipe I found in a holiday cookie magazine I picked up last year put out by Taste of Home. The recipe had only 5 ingredients, which is great because I have them all in the house. I wanted to take them up another notch, so I rolled the balls in a cinnamon sugar before baking them.

These cookies baked up beautifully. The cookie stayed soft inside, which is my preferred type of cookie.

I'm submitting these cookies to Susan at Foodblogga for her Eat Christmas Cookies round-up. She's had to start up a second post due to all of the amazing cookies being submitted. It's ok to look... no calories for looking!

You'll also want to check out these holiday treats... new one's are still popping up throughout the blogging world every day!

Amy at Nook & Pantry made a Brown Butter Gingersnap cookie that can be underbaked to give a nice chewy texture, or if you prefer a true "snap" bake them a bit longer... either way, they look positively yummy!

Head over to Fresh from the Oven and find out what the "secret" ingredient is in her Chocolate Peppermint Cookies.

Joy the Baker shares a Black and White Cookie recipe that will make your mouth water... just check out the pictures and you'll be trying to decide which side of the cookie to eat first, too... or perhaps you'll do it the way Joy does it.

kiss 2A

Cinnamon Chocolate Kiss Cookies

Adapted from Taste of Home Cookies & Bars magazine


Ingredients
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup cinnamon sugar
24 milk chocolate kisses

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, cream together peanut butter and sugar. Add the vanilla and egg, beat until combined.

Roll into 3/4 inch balls, then roll in cinnamon sugar before placing on baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 12 minutes or until tops are slightly cracked. Immediately place on chocolate kiss in the center of each cookie. Allow to cool 5 minutes on pans before removing.

About 2 1/2 dozen cookies.

post signature




Bookmark and Share

Comments

Unknown said…
yum :) I just made these too!
Melanie said…
I love the addition of cinnamon and sugar to kick them up a notch. And I'm with you - I love soft cookies. These look fantastic.
Anonymous said…
The pictures came out fabulous!!! I would love to make kisses but the are 8$ a bag here... EEK
When I was a kid, my favorite part was placing the Hershey kiss on the still-warm cookies. They still make me smile. Thank you!
Mary Bergfeld said…
A favorite cookie then and now. The children and grandchildren were/are responsible for the kisses. About half the kisses made it onto the cookies.
Megan said…
Hi Patsy! I love cinnamon and chocolate! Looks like the perfect cookie!
I dont know why my ricotta cake post keeps showing up on everybodys "links to this post". I keep getting all these google alerts because of it. Must be Blogger.
Merry Christmas!
Oooh - cinnamon & chocolate! What a great idea!

Popular Posts